Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home Remedies for Dry and Colored Hair

Colored hair problems?

Which results to a bad hair day? Sweetie, you're not alone!


Heya! I've been searching for cheap finds to treat my colored hair, so I looked for a quick and easy alternative instead of buying expensive products each time. Well I guess almost everyone of us has this specific complain when it comes to this matter, right? Yes, it ends up really dry and damaged every freaking time. I say hello because we have the same problem, too! So, I usually color my hair, I love how it looks especially when it comes to unique hair colors, it makes me feel like a totally different person right after! Are you still with me? :-) Now the bad part each time is it ends up really dry and frizzy! Talk about a total bad hair day!


To help you out with which products at home you can use as an alternative to those expensive treatments.. These are the products that could really be helpful:


MAYONNAISE


I'm actually diggin this thing right now.. It smells really bad for me but I think it's worth the try. :-)



Mayonnaise is one of the best products you have in your kitchen to help you keep your color-treated hair healthy and shiny. Mayonnaise contains protein from eggs and oils which help to nourish the scalp. It can be applied to the hair after a moisturizing shampoo and combed through using a wide toothed comb. Cover the head with a plastic bag or plastic wrap. Then, apply heat with a blow dryer or moist towels you have put in the microwave for about a minute. Leave on the head for 10 to 45 minutes. Remove, rinse and shampoo again. This will help close the cuticle of the hair and stop the color molecules from escaping. It will also deliver a shot of protein to strengthen and condition the hair.


OLIVE OIL


 Olive oil is a lot more expensive than the mayonnaise but I actually will give it a try pretty soon, too! It has these natural ingredients that could be pretty effective to every parts of our body.


Olive oil is a great hair conditioner that will help your color to last longer and look more lustrous. Warm 1/16 of a cup of olive oil in the microwave for a few seconds. Apply to the scalp using a color applicator brush, or your fingers. Perform application on the more damaged areas first and then run the oil through the rest of the hair. Give the scalp a massage using your fingertips, applying moderate pressure to work the oil in and increase stimulation. This will give the hair a shine and make the color shimmer. It will also help to close the cuticle of the hair for a healthier glow.


VINEGAR


 The cheapest product among the three. This could be really stinky. As for me, maybe I will just stick to the mayonnaise. LOL. But if you're willing to try this one too then why not. Go ahead. :-)
 Use vinegar to eliminate buildup. Product or pollutant buildup on the hair can make the hair seem dry and dull. By removing the accumulation, you will reveal the underlying color which should be shinier and healthier in appearance. Mix one part vinegar with two parts water for best results. Use a spray bottle to saturate hair with the mixture after a shampoo. Comb through and leave in for at least five minutes for best results. Follow with a shampoo and conditioner.


So I hope I did help you out with these things, guys! After all, it's definitely worth the try! I guarantee! Good luck! :-)


P.S.
I actually have no idea how to fix this blog post. It's okay just as long as you can read everything. Yes? Right. Hehe! Thanks :-)

❤, Germaine

No comments:

Post a Comment